It is not always important that you have to pay third-party companies in order to host your companies’ website on the internet. As a matter of fact, how to create your own server at home for web hosting and host websites in it. In this article, you will read about the ways in which you can create your own cloud server, or create your VPN server at home for web hosting.
What Is Website Hosting/ Web Hosting?
All the online content has to be safe and secure. The images, videos, and texts that are the essential part of the website have to be safely preserved somewhere. Web hosting is a place which is a secure platform that allows its users to store content offsite. Web hosting not only reduces your local storage cost but also reduces the associated physical footprint.
Nowadays, there have been many sites on the internet that provide you with web hosting but in exchange with a cost to pay.
But if you’re a keen learner and money saver and want to know how to create your own server at home for web hosting and also want free web hosting, then you must read this till the end.
How To Create Your Own Server?
You should follow these steps in order to create your own server for web hosting. We have provided you with the simple steps by which you will get to know how to create your own server at home for Web Hosting. Let’s discuss them:
- Start by choosing a hardware – The first and major step towards web hosting is knowing the capability of your hardware and choosing it accordingly. The capability of the hardware depends on your usage. If you are planning to run it for 24 hours a day, the definitely you are going to need good hardware, if not then you can stick to your old one. It is a necessary step for how to make my own hosting server at home.
- Your own choice of Operating System – As you all are aware of the two realistic choices of the operating system – Microsoft Windows or Linux, you have to choose which one is best suited for you. Linux is a wiser choice if you do not want to spend money as in windows you have to buy a license to run but when we talk about Linux, it is for free.
- Check if your connection is suitable for Web hosting– There is a need for a suitable and result oriented internet connection which is suitable for you to perform web hosting by yourself. It is an important part as the downloading and uploading of your data totally depends on the speed of your connection. Try testing your internet connection using tools specially designed for testing your internet speed.
- Setting up and configuring the server– The next main step after performing all the above tasks is to set up the software you require and configure your server to host your site and work smoothly. If you have chosen windows, then Apache is the best option. In the case of Linux, there are several options like Apache, Lighttpd or NGINX are the three best options. Besides this, there is a need to open up ports on your router and firewall. This will help your web traffic to pass from your web server. For this use Zap hosting voucher to avail down the price be possible and configure your website easily. You also need to have a good hold on some best tools to configure and maintain your web server.
- Select your domain name and keep a check of it’s working– The last work to do is process your domain name and keep a check if it is working properly. You have to purchase a domain name or you can buy it for free from a domain register for you to have a domain that only belongs to you.After you have purchased a domain name, you are instructed to set up the relevant DNS entries for your domain so that your server can obtain an IP address. The process will take a few hours and will be ready for you to work efficiently on your domain.
With just a few simple steps, you can effortlessly create your own server at home for web hosting. We are hoping that you know now how to create your own server at home for web hosting.
After creating your own server, you should know what’s the best Web Hosting plan for your business.
Own Server Creation At Home – “Cost Free And Effortless”
So it is a really easy and quick method to make a website if you have a good internet connection and a fast programming system at your place. You can now run your website on your own choice of server and save your money on the hosting cost. Not only save your hosting cost but also let you renovate your website in accordance with your necessities.