Websites are becoming one of the major methods of attaining client engagement for the business as client engagement plays a keen role in attaining a good market value. Thus, companies and individuals prefer to design their websites to display their products and service to attain their business. For website designing, the companies and individuals require three major elements i.e. web hosting, domain name, and creative content. Web hosting being one of the major key elements of any website as it helps in making the website live. The web hosting service providers offer numerous web hosting having several features like speed enhancement, enhanced performance, security, and many more. Some of the common web hosting being offered by the web hosting providers include the following:
- Shared Web hosting
- Managed Web hosting
- Dedicated Web hosting
- Cloud Web hosting
- Virtual Private Servers
- Grid Web hosting
- Clustered Web hosting
- Collocation Web hosting
Out of these, most of the business owners prefer to purchase the ‘Shared web hosting’ and ‘WordPress web hosting, as these are pocket-friendly, and in this article, we are detailing major differences between these two hostings.
Shared Web Hosting
Shared Web hosting is preferable for smaller websites and blogs. Shared hosting is one of the major types of hosting being purchased by users as these are affordable and user-friendly. Using shared web hosting, the customization becomes quite easier if the website is based upon lesser resources and this makes this hosting a perfect solution to access the World Wide Web.
Advantages of Shared Web Hosting:
The shared web hosting offers numerous benefits and features to the website in addition to the pocket-friendly cost (lesser price) like as follows:
- Unlimited storage space for storing everything and data associated with the website, irrespective of the size of the webpage.
- The Shared web hosting is not restricted to a single website designing language and thus, allows the users to use any CMS like Drupal, Magento, and so on Content Management systems and Web Development Software.
- The shared web hosting is useful for small websites or the one which requires lesser traffic approx 1000 per day
Disadvantages of Shared Web Hosting
- Shared web hosting is responsible for hosting numerous websites on a single server and thus, the overall speed and resources of the websites get affected and impacted, negatively.
- The shared web hosting is responsible for hosting various websites having lesser traffic requirements. In case the website attains huge traffic then, the website faces downtime with a longer period to load the website content as the resources are shared by several websites.
- Shared web hosting lacks the security features as the server is hosting several websites along with the company or individual’s website and thus, there is no method to ensure maintenance and security of the website.
- The shared web hosting lacks server customization too as this may impact the website of other individuals or companies as well. thus, the company or individual need to stick to the default server setting configuration as set by the hosting provider.
WordPress Web Hosting
The WordPress hosting is centralized to WordPress content management system having an effective speed, reliability, and enhanced security. It allows the users to levy focus on their content as the hosting provider of WordPress web hosting tackles the entire technical server details. One of its subsets is Managed WordPress hosting that manages the time, knowledge, and resources of the company by managing some of the technical aspects of website creation like installation of WordPress.
Advantages of WordPress Web Hosting:
Here are some of the major advantages of using WordPress Web hosting for making the website live. The advantages are as follows:
- The website is life through WordPress hosting attains a new level of performance.
- Being centralized to the WordPress CMS, the company and the individual can easily optimize the server as per their preference like making the server configuration as advanced server caching. This ensures the website attains the best speed to execute. This process is known as speed optimization.
- Through speed optimization, the users may improvise their SEO strategies to boost the ranking of the website on Google. And if the ranking on Google gets boosted up then, it becomes easier for the website to attain more customer engagement.
- Another beneficial point of using WordPress web hosting is that the hosting offers auto-updates and enhanced security features when it comes to security concerns of the website.
- The users get expert assistance once they are using the WordPress web hosting as the complete team has expertise in WordPress CMS.
- Being centralized to the ‘WordPress content management system’, the designing and creation of a website become much easier and more time-efficient. Even, the efforts of optimization also become less as the users now no need to depend upon plug-ins for attaining the result.
- The WordPress hosting also facilitates its users with the feature of free automatic backups. Thus, it is a piece of satisfaction that the data can be restored during undesired calamities like server loss, data loss, crashing of server, or many more.
Disadvantages of WordPress web hosting:
To every coin there are two sides one is bright while the other is dark, so here are the disadvantages of using WordPress Web hosting:
- The WordPress web hosting is focused upon sing CMS i.e. WordPress as the result it becomes mandatory for the users to design their website on WordPress i.e. website on other CMS will not be hosted through it.
- WordPress web hosting implies restrictions to the overall amount of disk space due to the server configuration. This is the major disadvantage in case the website is larger.
- Just like the shared web hosting, the WordPress web hosting also implies restrictions to the server configuration as if the server is optimized highly then, the page loading speed of the page will be impacted.
- The cost of WordPress web hosting is higher than the shared one.
Which type of hosting is the best: Shared Web Hosting or WordPress Web Hosting?
Each web hosting type serves the best if it is suitable to meet the requirements of the users. Thus, the shared web hosting can be used in the following cases:
- If the users are willing to design their website using a different content management system i.e. other than WordPress CMS.
- If the users’ website will have a lesser number of visitors on daily basis followed by a limited budget.
- If the users are willing to have a smaller start and attain growth with time.
Similarly, WordPress web hosting can be used in the following cases:
- If the users are willing to design their page with WordPress as their content management system.
- If the website is neither too small nor too large but has a medium-size or online store.
- If the users are willing to keep control of their website content, but not on the security of the website server and want the hosting provider to look after this concern.
Also Read- Best Web Hosting For Authors
Both web hosting i.e. shared web hosting and WordPress web hosting have their advantages and disadvantages in some of the other terms. Hence, the users will experience different features in every concern situation. So, go through the information mentioned in the aforementioned article associated with the advantages, disadvantages, and the situations where the following hosting will suit them best.