Any person who works with AutoDesk products must have this question in their mind Is Fusion 360 Better than AutoCAD? If you are among them then you are in right place. Here we will discuss both of them. What is Fusion 360 and what is AutoCAD? How are both of them different and what makes them apart? What are their pros and cons? Which one is best for you? Which one is costlier and which one suits you best? There are a lot of things on both of them to talk about. But we will start with the Fusion 360 description. Then we will move to AutoCAD.
But before moving further there is one thing that needs to be known Fusion 360 and AutoCAD both are AutoDesk products. AutoDesk developed this softwares aiming at different fields. For example, if you want to design anything Fusion 360 is for y. And for 2D work and professional tools, AutoCAD is a good choice. Let’s start with Fusion 360.
What is the purpose of Fusion 360?
Fusion 360 is software developed by AutoDesk in 2013. It is a very popular software of AutoDesk, and there is quite a lot of reason behind this. The most effective impression is accessibility and the functionality provided by it at such a low price. Even there is a free version of Fusion 360 for educators, starts up. Fusion 360 has a lot of tools from basics to expert level. Even some of its tools require a lot of engineers’ knowledge but in the end, it is a complete package. It is the best place to build any model from scratch to its deployment.
What is AutoCAD and how does it work?
The AutoCAD software is also developed by AutoDesk but way before Fusion 360 i.e., in 1982. This software is used by various kinds of engineering aspirants or engineers. Like manufacturing, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, civil engineers, and much more. Unlike Fusion 360, this software is not only limited to 3D modeling. A person can also do 2D modeling. There are many upgraded and high-end tools present in this software. All these majors are stating “Why Is Fusion 360 Better than AutoCAD?”
What is the difference between AutoCAD and Fusion 360?
There are many features between AutoCAD and Fusion 360 that are different.
- The main and most highlight one is modeling. AutoCAD is 2D and 3D modeling or can say drafting software. But Fusion 360 is completely based on 3D modeling.
- If we talk about interface both of them have the pretty same interface. The dialog boxes, context-sensitive shortcut menus, and communication with toolbars are common to both. Except for one thing that is not present in Fusion 360, the command line.
- The modeling type in both of the devices is too different. Fusion 360 has freeform models whereas AutoCAD has geometry-driven models.
- Industry Focuses are too different. With AutoCAD, one can focus on tools in the various Tech industries of engineering and architecture. Fusion 360 is specific to design industries.
- Another most common highlighted fact is the cloud feature of Fusion 360 that is absent in AutoCAD.
Before making any decision you should be well aware of the working requirements that you need to have if you want an uninterrupted working experience while using the Autodesk Fusion 360 and AutoCAD software. There are different system requirements for both of them, let’s discuss them.
When you plan to select the Fusion 360:
- Here you need a minimum of 3GB disk space or storage and at least 4GB RAM in your system.
- The operating system version require are:
Windows 8.1 or 10 (64-bit), Mojave 10.14, Cataline 10.15, macOS Big Sur 11.0.
When you will go with AutoCAD:
- AutoCAD requires 8GB RAM at least and if you have windows as an operating system then 16GB.
- The minimum disk storage in your PC or laptop should be at least 10 GB for smooth and efficient working.
- The minimum version of various operating systems that must be available before using this software are:
macOS Big Sur 11.0, Cataline 10.15, Windows 10 (64 bit), Mojave 10.14
Which one is expensive Fusion 360 and AutoCAD?
We know that apart from just advanced features the most important matter for the final decision depends on the price of the respective product. So, let me just know you that when it comes to pricing, AutoCAD is expensive as compared to Fusion 360. Both of them have three price plans available. But Fusion 360 is cheaper in all ranges. This makes fusion 360 famous among users.
So, If you are the one who has some budget issues or the one who is willing to spend only a limited amount, then we advised you to go with Autodesk Fusion 360. Both AutoDesk’s AutoCAD offers a below subscription range.
|Plans||Plan Price ($)|
|Monthly Subscription Plan||$ 210|
|Annual or 1-year Subscription Plan||$ 1690|
|3-year Subscription Plan||$ 4,565|
Here are the plan ranges of Fusion 360 below and after analyzing the whole table you may observe that this range is quite cheaper than the above one. Even Fusion 360 is freely available for educators, hobbyists, and startups. You can purchase this software at a low cost with Autodesk Fusion 360 discount code. These coupons are the best way to grab huge discount on this software.
|Plans||Plan Price ($)|
|Monthly Subscription Plan||$ 60|
|Annual or 1-year Subscription Plan||$ 495|
|3-year Subscription Plan||$ 1,410|
Is Fusion 360 better than AutoCAD?
After massive research and testing of both the companies, Our team found that Autodesk Fusion is much better than AutoCAD in various terms. You must need to know, that there are many reasons that state ‘’why Is Fusion 360 Better than AutoCAD?”. But let’s discuss about the benefits of Fusion 360 and why a person should choose it.
A person who works with a 3D model and requires detailed models must go for Fusion 360. A user who has to collaborate globally on their project or needs cloud-based storage. Fusion 360 is specially designed for professions like Architecture and design, mechanical. If we talk about the pros of AutoDesk Fusion 360, those are mentioned below:
Pros of Autodesk Fusion 360:
- First and important pocket friendly.
- Cloud feature that automatically lesser the requirements of power and storage.
- Automatic backups and freedom design
But under this honest review, we will serve you a complete package of knowledge. Autodesk Fusion 360 also has a few drawbacks as well that you can know after reading below:
Cons of Autodesk Fusion 360:
- It is not ideal for new beginners or inexperienced
- Requirement of internet connection all the time due to cloud-based
- The additional charges of cloud Credits that make it expensive
After going through these points you may choose a compatible software for you. Now, these points will help you to decide by yourself which one is better for you: AutoCAD or Fusion 360!
Why you should choose AutoCAD over Fusion 360?
If you are a user who works on both 2D and 3D models and needs different tools at the time AutoCAD is for you. Since AutoCAD is a bit expensive so these points can help you before purchasing it.
- AutoCAD is functional offline with an excellent support system.
- You can get it at a low cost through regular sales.
- It is professional-grade software.
- It requires extensive systems.
With a great frequency, AutoCAD is more cost-effective. But AutoCAD can not able to simulate physics and testing comparable to Fusion 360. So choose wisely AutoCAD or Fusion 360!
After going through the article above, we can conclude that Fusion 360 and AutoCAD are two different things that can’t be compared. So, the answer to “Is Fusion 360 Better than AutoCAD?” totally depends on you. If your requirements match the AutoCAD specifications then go with AutoCAD but on the same hand, if they are fulfilled by AutoDesk Fusion 360, you should purchase them.
If price is the thing that troubling you for getting any of the software, need not worry. Because we have many AutoDesk Coupon Codes and Fusion 360 Promo Codes for you. So just choose the things according to the tools and get them through the amazing regular discounts and promotional codes.
Also you can go for these
Most Asked Question / (FAQs)
Here are some top queries regarding Fusion 360 vs AutoCAD that are asked by many users.
Well, AutoDesk is a very easy software yet difficult for beginners. Due to its high-end tools and functionality, first-time CAD users find it difficult to work on.
The main reason behind the expensive of AutoCAD is very reasonable. AutoCAD is more expensive than Fusion 360 because of its tools. The tools present in AutoCAD have wide applications in various different fields. Recently added tools even increase its area of use further.
The whole selection between these two software is totally depends on the area where or on the project on which you works. If you work in a 3D area then Fusion will be the best to learn. But if there is the 2D model as well you should opt for AutoCAD in that case.